Beautiful Faces Come Out Of Vanity Cases

Monday 11 March 2013

Beauty Box: March Glossy Box










March: The City Chic Box

In Th Box:
.Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream- 7ml Sample (£3.60)
.Nails Inc in St James-4ml (£5)
.Juicy Couture, Couture La La Perfume Sample( 60p)
.Jelly Pong Lip Blush- full size (£12)
.Tresemme Extra Hold Hairspray- 100ml (£1)
- Extra= Free "My Little Travelling Book" booklet

Total value= £22.20 // Actual Cost= £12.95 (inc P&P)


This months box wasn't particularly exciting but I was pleased I could actually find use for all the products. Sadly there were no "shinning star "products this month..... 
The box was themed around the "London Look" which isn't the vibe I get from these products. I'm not sure who comes up with the themes at Glossy Box but I think they need to put more thought into them, it just seems to be picking any word and matching any products to it. 
My favourite product in the box was weirdly the nail varnish. Although I'm not really into nails this is a really nice bright red color that I'm looking forward to wearing. I'm planning on doing a half moon manicure with this for an event I'm going to this month. 
My second favourite was the Tresemme hairspray. I've actually used this before and it's a pretty decent hairspray. I needed a new travel size hairspray so this will come in handy. I do think it is a con though that Glossy Box include a lot of cheap drugstore brands seem as they advertise that each box contains "5 luxury brand products". Also the idea behind glossy box is that you discover new brands each month and I don't think a brand like Tresemme is the beauty worlds best kept secret. 
Next the Jelly Pong Pong lip crayon is something I'm also looking forward to trying. I've never used a lip crayon before and this is a really nice pink shade that I can use day to day. Thirdly was a perfume sample of Couture La La by Juicy Couture. This has a really nice summery floral scent. Usually I''m not a fan of the perfume samples that are churned out by Glossy Box, but in the last few boxes there has been a real move towards more well known/ popular fragrances. In general I think the recent sample choices are a lot nicer, fresher and have more appeal amongst younger people. I never used to enjoy the heavier more sophisticated scents that used to be included but the last lot are options I'd consider buying myself. 
The last product  in the box was an Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream. This is something I'm sure most people enjoyed receiving but personally I'm not a fan of Eight Hour Cream. I last used this 10 years ago and never had any real love for it, I think it's a completely over hyped. As a product it works fine, nothing special and certainly not worth the cost. I think there are a lot of other similar products that are much cheaper. Still this is a perfect travel size sample for keeping in the handbag and I'm sure I'll get use out of it. 
Also included was a mini guide to other cities. This as a nice extra to include. Something to thumb through and pick up some tips if your travelling to any of the cities. There were also a few stickers included for anyone who wanted to decorate their boxes.
Overall an alright box but nothing special. Glossy Box has had a real run of mediocre boxes lately so I'm hoping they turn it around with next months box

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...