Beautiful Faces Come Out Of Vanity Cases

Thursday 4 April 2013

Beauty Haul


Some new (mostly essential) beauty products I picked up today...


Bath & Body
.Soap & Glory Calm One Calm All Bubble Bath
.The Body Shop Cucumber & Mint Shower Gel
.The Body Shop Raspberry Body Butter
.L'Occitane Pivoine Floral Shower Cream

I missed using the Soap & Glory bubble bath so much I had to buy some more. It had to be the only time they weren't on sale though! This is one of my favourite bubble baths, it leaves skin so soft and lasts forever, so definitely worth the money. The Body Shop items I got on sale in a gift pack with some other items. I've never used these products before but they smell lovely and I can't wait to use them. The L'Occitane shower cream was another sale product I was sold on at the counter. It was only £4 (I think it's usually about £15 or £16) so I thought why not. I love everything from L'Occitane so I will probably love this too

Hand Care
.The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector
.L'Occitane Rose Reines Hand Cream
.The Body Shop Sweet Lemon Hand Cleanse Gel

I've tried using other hand creams but I just can't live without Hemp Hand Protector. It is the only hand cream that works for me and actually helps with dryness. This was definitely an essential purchase. So to was the lemon hand cleanse gel. I get 40% discount for The Body Shop so they both worked out really cheap. The L'Occitane hand cream is in my favourite scent Rose 4 Reines. This however is not worth the money. I was sold on this at the counter being told it was only a £1 which I still thought was a lot for such a small tube, but I love that fragrance and L'Occitane hand creams are really nice, but later when I checked the receipt it was actually £3 for 10ml..crazy! It will be nice as a handbag cream but I won't be repurchasing it.

Skincare
 . Origins Make A Difference Skin Hydratant Moisturizer
.Korres Wild Rose 24 Hour Moisturizing & Brightening Cream
. Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Spot Treatment Gel
.Avene Cleanance K Cream Gel
.Chemist Witch Hazel

The moisturizers I'll admit were an unnecessary purchase; I have a lifetime supply in my bathroom already. However I read some really good reviews of the Korres moisturizer and then saw this pot online at whatsinmyhandbag, and with my discount code it was only £15... usually it is £38 so I couldn't pass that chance up. I went out to buy the Origins Night A Mins night cream but they were sold out, when I saw the make a difference cream I tried some and couldn't believe how hydrating it was so had to buy it. I've read some really great reviews on this too so wanted to try it at some point. On sale it was about £20 so I got it at a good price, usually it is about £33. I will probably use it as a night time moisturizer as it has no SPF in it. They were also sold out of Origins Spot Remover so I went for my back up spot cream by Clinique. This is really similar and you get a lot more for your money. It's worth checking this out if you want to try something different or can't get your hands on the Origins version. I also picked up some Avene Cleanance K as I've missed it. Supposedly this and La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo are the same but I don't think the later is working for me so wanted to try this again. It advertises pretty much the same thing and is slightly  cheaper. Lastly classic chemist witch hazel. I've tried so many versions of fancy witch hazel waters but they are no better, all your really paying for is a nice bottle and a brand name. This pharmacy witch hazel is about £1 to £2 and works  so much better. I liked to use this to keep my skin fresh and clear from break outs.

Perfume
.The Body Shop Rose Oud Perfume x3
.L'Occitane Pivoine Flora Perfume (free gift)
.L'Occitane Fleurs de Brignoles Plum Blossom Perfume Roll -On
.L'Occitane Rose Jardin Delice Perfume

I can't deny that this part of my beauty haul was completely unnecessary. If you read my perfume collection post a few months ago you will know how much perfume I have and don't really need. But being the addict that I am I can't let a month go by without adding a new bottle to the vanity table. All were on sale though so really I saved more than I spent. The Body Shop Rose Oud trio came in the set with the items above and worked out at £3 a bottle. I love this scent but it's been discontinued so it was my last chance to buy and I got a good price which makes it slightly OK.... I may not have got the chance again after all. The others came from L'Occitane. My first mistake was deciding I would have a "browse" in L'Occitane. I can never do that. Beautiful perfumed items all on sale, how is anyone supposed to resist. I did make the smart choices though and picked the cheapest sale perfumes. I decided to go for Rose Jardin which was only £14 and a small roller ball version of Plum blossom which was only £7 on sale. I've never tried these scents before, they'll be nice Sumner fragrances. The small bottle of Pivoine Flora (Peony) was a free gift which I was very pleased with. If I had the money I would buy all the L'Occitane fragrances... I've never come across a bad one.

.Mixed Lot of L'Occitane Sachet Samples

The best thing about shopping at L'Occitane is the free stuff you get! They are so generous with samples and you can ask for as many as you like. I got this mixed set. I've tried most before but will still enjoy using them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...