Beautiful Faces Come Out Of Vanity Cases

Monday 4 March 2013

Beauty Haul

Some of the beauty items I treated myself over the last week or so.....

Every Day Essentials
. Dove Hair Therapy Colour Radiance Shampoo & Treatment Conditioner
. TIGI Bed Head Ego Boost Split End Mender/ Leave In Conditioner
. La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo

I tried some samples of this Dove range last year and really liked them. Decided to pick up a set as they were on sale for not much more than a £1 each. Dove hair care is actually really nice, especially for a cheap drug store brand. A good choice for an every day shampoo.

I really wanted a leave in conditioner for days when I'm in a rush/ need some extra moisture. I used to use this Bed Head one a few years ago and remember really liking it and that it last forever. Really looking forward to using it again.

.I've used Avene Clearence K in the past and never bothered to try La Roche- Posay Effaclar Duo just because I heard it was the same thing. I saw this in Boots actually in stock, shocking!) so bought it on a whim. I've used it a few times and haven't really notice any dramatic improvements but will stick with it and follow up with a review in a few weeks.

LUSH Favourites

Dark Angels/ Ocean Salt/ Mask Of Magnaminty/ Cynthis Sylvia Stout Beer Shampoo/ Bubblegum Lip Scrub

Picked up some old favourites from LUSH. Dark Angels is an excellent deep cleanse scrub, not one for sensitive skin though. Ocean Salt is a great every other day exfoliator. Mask of Magnaminty is a really nice refreshing face mask. I also bought a Catastrophe Cosmetic mask, my favourite, but managed to loose this on the way home which is annoying, so I'll have to go back for a new one. Cynthia Sylvia Stout is a great shampoo. I use to use this all the time but kind of forgot about it until I bought one a few months ago. I'm really looking forward to making this part of my hair care routine again. Bubblegum Lip scrub is something I haven't used in a few years but my lips have been so dry that exfoliation is a must. This one is so sweet, it's good enough to eat

Amarya
.. Dr Hauschka Facial Steam Bath
.Evolve Perfect Radiance Facial Polish
.Antipodes Juliet Cleanser
Free Gift with Purchase Items from Amarya
.Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Cream
.REN Moroccan Rose Otto Body Cream
.John Masters Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler Sachet Sample
.REN Radiant Eye Gel
.Weleda Lavender Creamy Body Wash
.Gielly Green Classic Shampoo

-I had so many vouchers/ discount codes from Amarya. Usually I forget about them/ don''t use them, so I made an effort the last week of Feb to try and get the most out of them. 
I ordered the Dr. Hauschka Facial Steam Bath with my 20% Off discount voucher. I'd read good reviews about this and decided to get it as a treat at a sale price because it was quite expensive and not necessarily something I could justify the cost on normally. I'm really looking forward to using this as part of my detox beauty Sundays. Secondly I used my 20% Off voucher to purchase the Evolve Facial Polish & face wash (which hasn't arrived yet). I received a moisturizer from this range in my February Amarya Box and tried it with some sachet samples I had of these Evolve products. I loved the results so much I decided to invest in a full size of the cleanser & polish (I also tried the cleansing melt but wasn't fussed). Thirdly with a £5 Off Voucher I bought the Antipodes Juliet Cleanser. I've heard great things about this and the Antipodes line in general. This cleanser is a gel based cleanser which I don't usually use, but it smells great and I'm really looking forward to using it when I finish my Caudalie cleanser.
The Free Stuff- When you spend £20 or more at Amarya you can choose a free skin/hair/ body mini set. Because I placed 3 orders I got 3 sets. Just another reason why I love ordering from Amarya!

Origins
.Clear Improvements Active Charcoal Mask
.Super Spot Remover

-I always like to have these in stock just in case my skin is having a bad day. Both products are excellent and clearing breakouts.

Glossy Box DARPHIN Edition Box- Sensitive Skin


Containing:
Intral Cleansing Milk/ Toner/ Redness Relief Soothing Serum/ Soothing Cream

I actually ordered  Dehydration Skin Kit, but Glossy Box mixed my order up and I got this one instead. Sadly the other had sold out so I couldn't switch it which is annoying. Anyway this is a great set none the less. I haven't used Darphin skincare since I was 16 so don't really remember much about it. I'm really looking forward to testing these out.

Whats In My Handbag: Ole Henriksen Discovery Kit

 Containing: 
Truth To Go Wipes/ Truth Serum Collagen Booster/ African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser/Sheer Transformation Sheer Moisturiser/ Ultimate Lift Eye Gel

Another great Try Me set from Whatsinmyhandbag.com. I'm seriously obsessed with this website. This was £19.95. a bit more expensive than the usual kits, but 5 products for £20 is a good deal. I already have the serum that's included in the kit but have not got round to trying it yet. This is a brand I've been interested in for a while so it will be good to test out a range of products all at once to see the results it gives.

MUJI

I finally got round to going to MUJI. I considered ordering on line but wanted to see the sizes in real life to see what would be best for me. I had intended on a 5 drawer box but they were really wide and I knew I'd have to store it away from my other makeup, which would defeat the point. For now a two draw box will do me fine. if I need to I can get another to stack on top. I don't have a huge makeup collection and throw stuff away pretty regularly so don't need a huge storage system. For anyone considering these draws they are a good investment. This one was about £8, the largest one I think is £25. They are very sturdy/ well made for the money. I've shopped around and other stores aren't cheaper so Muji is a good choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...