Beautiful Faces Come Out Of Vanity Cases

Monday 14 January 2013

Review: LUSH Aqua Marina Facial Cleanser






LUSH Aqua Marina Facial Cleanser
(100g- £.6.25)


Product Info

Together they make a mineral rich cleanser that is packed full of emollient ingredients to soften the skin and clay powders to deep clean and absorb grease. The texture is amazing, the smell is rich and comforting – but most of all this leaves your skin calm, smooth and renewed. 

Ingredients

Glycerine, Calamine Powder, Kaolin, Irish Moss Gel,Organic Aloe Vera Gel, Fine Sea Salt, Nori Seaweed, Sweet Wild Orange Oil, Patchouli Oil,Carrageenan Extract, Perfume

How To Use

Take a pea size mount, mix with water to make a paste. Use as you would with a regular cleanser.

Price & Packaging

Standard LUSH black pot packaging. Price is OK for size. Probably lasts for a month with regular use.


Review

This was a product I was really looking forward to using after reading such good reviews on other beauty blogs, however I was really disappointed with it. Although it is supposed to be calming and suitable for sensitive skin but I found it quite irritating. It felt like washing your face with soap, leaving it very dry and tight. I have very oily skin so I'd imagine on dry to normal types it would be worse. My skin didn't really feel that cleansed after use either, and it was quite tough to rinse off properly. Also I wasn't a fan of the slimy consistency or the scent. This is the only product I've actually thrown away half way through. I tried sticking it out hoping it would grow on me but I really hated it. Although as I said I didn't keep this for  long time I've read it goes bad quite quickly so you do need to use it up within a month or so. Might be worth storing it in the fridge like the fresh face masks. I know this is a cleanser a lot of people love so maybe it works for most people. I'd recommend asking for a sample of this before purchasing to see if it's right for you. The only good points I can say is that the ingredients are natural and you can use the pot to get a free face mask (when you have 5 pots). Unfortunately this just wasn't for me.


Who's This For. Would You Buy Again

Personally I wouldn't recommend this but I have read a lot of good reviews so maybe it varies from person to person, I'd say try before you buy on this one. It is probably best suited for more oilier skin types as it is quite drying. I'd say a definite no for people with dry skin. I definitely won't be repurchasing this product.

Review 1/10

Available from LUSH Stores or Online HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...