Beautiful Faces Come Out Of Vanity Cases

Thursday 21 February 2013

Review: The Body Shop Coconut Beautifying Oil



The Body Shop Coconut Beautifying Oil 

100ml- £9.00
Click for enlarged view



Product Info
Beautifying Oil is pure beauty in a bottle. Made with a lightweight blend of nut oils including Community Fair Trade marula oil, it gives instant hydration and a shimmering finish. This one has a totally tropical coconut scent.
The product can be used on face, hair or body. And can be applied to either damp or dry skin/ hair. You only need very small amount. I've been using this on wet hair when I leave it to air dry or on the ends when its dry. It can also be used as a hair mask. I also add a few drops to my bath as well as rubbing a small amount on my skin. A small amount can also be applied as a face oil or as a mask.

Price Value
A great price for a multi-purpose product. It really goes along way so will last for months. Excellent value for money.

Packaging
Comes in a small plastic bottle. Easy to remove product. Good size for travel.

Review
I love coconut scents and the strong smell from this product really lasts which makes it especially enjoyable to use. On hair I like to apply this when its wet and let it air dry. I have curly hair and it nourishes my hair and smooths down any frizz. However when blow drying with the oil it weighs the hair down a lot and can look greasy. You do really have to be sparing with the quantity and void the roots. dding a small amount to my bath or apply directly to my skin leaves my body feeling very soft, nicely scented but not greasy like some oils. I was a bit skeptical to try this on my face but was pleasantly surprised. it didn't irritate my skin at all and did not clog my pores. It's nice to use at night time to relieve dehydrated or tired skin. It leaves your face feeling very soft and smooth. This could also be used a moisture mask for the same effect.
This product advises that is suitable for ll skin types. I'm sure this would be perfect if you suffer from dry skin. I do think that it feels oilier than most oils on my face but it doesn't clog pores or aggravate the skin. I think it's probably better to use as a night time treatment. In terms of hair if you have thin or oily hair this is probably best not used as a styling aid as it can make hair look greasy very easily and weigh it down making it look flat. I'd recommend using it as an overnight hair mask instead. If you have normal/ dry hair this should be suitable to use but be very sparing when applying and avoid the roots. I'm along way off from finishing this but will probably repurchase. It comes in a range of other scents; MoringaSheaCocoa Butter Sweet Lemon StrawberryMango,SatsumaPink Grapefruit, OliveChocomania, so I may try a different one on the next purchase.

Review 8/10

Available Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...