Beautiful Faces Come Out Of Vanity Cases

Sunday 3 February 2013

January Favourites


My favorite beauty products of the month....





01. Aromatherapy Associates Revive Morning Bath & Shower Oil 
( 55ml- RRP £37)


Product Info

Aromatherapy Associates Revive Evening Bath & Shower Oil is a highly effective blend of natural oils to be used in the bath or shower. An expertly blended combination of Geranium, Patchouli and Ylang Ylang, Revive Evening Bath & Shower Oil is perfect for restoring a flagging mind and body and ideal for getting into a party mood before a night out. A steamy, fragrant bath or shower with this sensual Revive Evening Bath & Shower Oil is the perfect way to start a pampering session in the evening. The ingredients provide a soothing sensation to the skin whilst reviving your spirits.  Revive Evening Bath & Shower Oil contains the purest ingredients, carefully blended by Aromatherapy Associates to create a beautifully scented product that delivers fantastic results.The Revive range helps you to pick yourself up at any time of day with detoxifying, uplifting and exotic blends of essential oils.

Ingredients
Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang) Oil, Pelargonium Capitatum (Geranium) Oil, Parfum (Pure Essential Oils), Cinnamomum Camphora (Ho Wood) Oil, Pogostemon Cablin (Patchouli) Oil, Benzyl Salicylate*, Benzyl Benzoate*, Geraniol*, Linalool*, Limonene*.


Review

I received this in the Latest In Beauty Advent calender but only just got around to trying it. I think this is the first bath oil I've tried, generally I prefer bubble bath just because I love the bubbles, but I've definitely been converted. The oil can be added to the bath or alternatively you can massage it into your skin before a shower. It has an incredibly strong zesty citrus smell that really clears your head and gives bath times a lovely spa feel. The large bottle advises there is enough for 20 baths but I found you only need a tiny amount, I've used my sample size a few times and it is not even half empty so it does go along way. For a true spa experience I like to fill the bath with very hot (practically boiling) and then add this, returning to the bathroom when the water has cooled down to a regular temperature. This means when you have your bath your bathroom will be all steamed up with the vapors of the oil, a bit like a sauna and it creates a nice relaxing atmosphere. I've just reordered a sample size from Latest I Beauty (3 ml for £1.50). I do recommend trying this product but I'm not sure if I would pay full retail price just because it is a bit pricey for me, although you can find it here a bit cheaper. I think I will try a few other brands to see what other options are out there. But I am interested in trying the Aromatherapy Associates Mini Collection which contains Nine 3 ml bottles to see what the other oils are like. Also the mini sizes are perfect for travelling too!

Review 9/10

Available HERE


02. The Body Shop Spiced Vanilla
(50ml- £8.50)

Product Info
Limited Edition moisturizing hand cream scented with Vanilla and a hint of spice.

Review
I love this products so much, and have loved using over the last month. The whole Spiced Vanilla range is a favorite of mine. This hand cream smells incredible, and although it's the most moisturizing hand cream available at the Body Shop it still leaves your hands nice and soft. I'm really disappointed this is no longer available otherwise it would definitely be a repurchase for me.

Review 9/10



03. Inlight Organic Night Balm
(60ml- £40)


Product Info
This highly moisturising balm will leave your skin feeling soft, supple and young. It has been especially formulated by our own medical expert for tired or dry skin. For best results apply before going to sleep.  The product is suitable for all skin types, including the most sensitive, reddened or with acne, rosacea or skin inflammation. It has been particularly designed for tired or dehydrated skins.
Ingredients
This formulation is composed of a blend of highly nourishing oils (macadamia, jojoba oils, shea butter), and rich in antioxidants (Vitamins E, A, D, F contained in the sesame, sunflower, evening primrose oils) together with a high concentration of carrot oil, rich in beta-carotene renowned for its antioxidant and regenerative qualities.
Review
I received a full size of this in a beauty box and have been using it on and off through January. The product comes in a glass screw cap jar with a wooden spatula for application. At £40 it is quite pricey but you do get a lot of product for that amount.The fact the product is organic is also a major plus for me as I try to avoid harsh ingredients on my skin. I was a bit sceptical how this would fare on my oily skin and was concerned it would break me out. Fortunately I was pleasantly surprised by the results. A couple of times a week I apply a thin layer of this to my skin at night time and leave it over night till morning.  The balm does sit quite thickly on the skin but by morning it is fully absorbed. The results are super soft skin in the morning. I love that this is a product to combat dehydrated skin as this is a concern of mine. So far I've really liked the results it gives and hope it will improve the condition of my skin in the long run. I'm not sure I'll repurchase yet just because it is quite expensive, but I'll wait till I finish it to make my final decision. This is the first product I've used from the Inlight range so I will be looking into a few more products in the line to try out.

Review 9/10
Available HERE

#
04. The Body Shop Coconut Bath/ Shower Cream Gel
(250ml- £4.00)

Product Info
This soap-free shower cream contains organic virgin coconut oil and has a deliciously tropical scent. Soap-free, Lather-rich. Tropical coconut scent

Review
I bought a huge container of this months ago that I've only just finished. I've especially loved using it through the cold Winter months as it is so thick and moisturizing. It is perfect for dry skin. It also has a heavenly coconut scent, a must have product for coconut lovers. It doesn't have the artificial coconut smell that so many other products have. I've just bought another bottle of this because I loved it so much. Sadly I think this is being discontinued as it is now in the clearance sale. Hopefully it will be coming back soon.

Review 9/10

Available HERE

05. Yves Rocher Hydra Vegetal Instant Anti-Wrinkle Moisturiser
(30ml £9.25)

Product Info
The Instant Anti-Wrinkle Moisturizer: Provides deep and lasting moisture- Immediately smooths wrinkles. Enriched in Hyaluronic Acid for a greater efficacy! Formula tested under dermatological supervision.


Ingredients

 Maple Tree Sap, Organic Blue Agave Sap, Betaine, Organic Witch Hazel Water.

Review
I received this a few months ago in a beauty box, before then I'd never heard of this product or this brand. I've really enjoyed using this moisturizer  it's very light yet hydrating. I love that it' an anti-wrinkle moisturizer that is still light, usually the thick consistency of anti wrinkle creams breaks me out. The added ingredient of witch hazel is also a plus for me as it helps keep break outs at bay. I'm not sure what the long term effect on wrinkles has been but it definitely smooths out fine lines noticeably after application. The refreshing cucumber scent is also very appealing. The moisturiser is a super low price under £10 which is especially low for an anti wrinkle product. I would definitely repurchase this again.



Review 8/10


Available HERE



06. Emma Hardie Amazing Face Natural Lift and Sculpt Moringa Cleansing Balm 

Product Info
 Thoroughly cleanses and moisturizes the skin. Helps to purify and minimizes the appearance of open pores. Calming for sensitive skin.  Revitalizing for dull and mature skins. Can be used as a rescue balm, ie on dry elbows or knees, or as a lip balm. Doubles as a soothing mask if left on the skin for ten minutes

Ingredients 

- Moringa seed extract, Wild Sea Fennel and Vitamin E:Balance, purify and help to minimise the appearance of open pores 
- Orange, Neroli and Mandarin extracts: Rejuvenates and revitalises the skin. 
- Jasmine, cedarwood and Rose:  Helps to recondition dull, dry, dehydrated and mature skins

Review
I was sent a starter kit by the Emma Hardie PR department a few months ago but I've only recently got around to using the balm, but I'm already in love with it. This is an amazing cleanser and is definitely worth the hype. The balm comes in an expensive looking plastic jar and is a solid consistency. The thing I love most is the amazing scent it has, very sweet & fruity smelling, kind of reminds me of Calpol medicine. The balm is incredibly cleansing and leaves your skin so soft after use. The only think I dislike is that you have to mix the balm with water before applying to your face which I find a bit awkward, I'd rather apply straight to the face (which I do instead), but this isn't a major issue. It is perfect for sensitive skin types. I also really love the cleansing mitt that comes with the balm, one side exfoliates dead skin cells and the other side smooths the skin. I've just repurchased another starter kit to try out a few more products, but I'll definitely be making a few more purchases from the line including this product.

Review 10/10

Available HERE

07. Aveda Damage Remedy Restructuring Shampoo
(250ml- £19.50)

Product Info
Aveda Damage Remedy Restructuring Shampoo will gently cleanse while it moisturises and helps repairs your dry, damaged and chemically-treated hair with a conditioning plant-based blend, leaving it soft, smooth and shiny. Sodium laureth sulphate free, Aveda Damage Remedy Restructuring Shampoo won’t irritate your scalp. Perfect for all hair types, especially dry, damaged or chemically treated, this nourishing shampoo will gently cleanse while deeply conditioning your hair.

Review 10/ 10

Available HERE
08. Aveda Damage Remedy Restructuring Conditioner
(100ml- £21.50)

Product Info
This Damage Remedy Restructuring Conditioner from Aveda contains plant-based emollients that will penetrate your hair to moisturise and help repair your dry, damaged and chemically-treated hair. Your hair will be left smooth, soft and shiny.  Aveda Damage Remedy Restructuring Conditioner contains quinoa extracts, one of the most complete plant proteins available, to really strengthen your hair and repair the damage, leaving your hair silky soft and ultra shiny. It is ideal for all hair types especially dry, damaged or chemically treated hair.
Review 10/10
Available HERE

Review (both products)

I bought a few Aveda products a few months back and last month I tried out the Damage Remedy Shampoo & Conditioner. Although my hair is not damaged it is colour treated and curly so is more susceptible to being dry. I use this once a week just to make sure it keeps in good condition and to protect it against damage. I was really impressed by the results the duo gave. My hair was super clean and unbelievably soft. I even let my hair air dry and the combination completely eliminated any frizz factor. This is the best shampoo/ conditioner duo for damaged hair I've ever tried. I'd recommend this to people with damaged hair and people who colour their hair. I will be looking into picking up a few more Aveda products as well as this combo shortly.








09. The Body Shop Hemp Lip Protector
(4.2g- £4.00)


Product Info

This intensive lip balm restores very dry lips and is designed to protect them in extreme weather conditions. Hydrates and soothes, Leaves lips feeling soft and smooth, Helps to restore skin’s moisture barrier, Ideal for exposure to the elements,Dermatologically tested.

Ingredients

Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Olea Europaea Fruit Oil, Cera Alba, Candelilla Cera, Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Salvia Sclarea Oil, Panthenol, Retinyl, Palmitate, Tocopherol, Linalool, Limonene, Geraniol



Review
After the last month of extreme weather and extreme cold my lips have been suffering, being both dry and chapped. This lip balm has really helped to repair them and keep them ultra soft. Although I'm not a fan of the Hemp line scent, I do think the products are amazing and true essentials for cold Winter months

Review 9/10


Available HERE


Click for enlarged view

10. The Body Shop Hemp Moisture High Balm

(45ml- £1.00)

Product Info

This dermatologically tested, multipurpose balm provides intensive hydration for areas of very dry skin. Instant relief for very dry skin. Helps to restore skin’s moisture barrier. Perfect for knees and elbows.
Ingredients
Glycine Soja Oil, Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil, Olea Europaea Fruit Oil, Cera Alba, Cocos Nucifera Oil, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii, Parfum, Glyceryl Oleate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Citric Acid, Limonene.

Review
Another great product from the Hemp line range. This is an intense balm for very dry areas. I've been using this all over lips, body, hands... anywhere that needs it. Although a little greasy it really softens the skin, an essential product for Winter. At £1 you can't go wrong with this fab multi-purpose product.

Review 8/10

Available HERE






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...