Beautiful Faces Come Out Of Vanity Cases

Wednesday 16 January 2013

Review: LUSH Coalface Bar

LUSH Coalface Bar 

(100g- £4.70)

Product Info
Designed for oilier skins, this soap can be used on the face or body. Coalface includes liquorice infusion for softening and charcoal which absorbs grease and gently exfoliates the skin.
Ingredients
Liquorice Root Decoction, Propylene Glycol, Rapeseed Oil and Coconut Oil, Water, Perfume, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Powdered Charcoal, Sandalwood Oil, Rosewood Oil, Glycerine, Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, *Geraniol, *Linalool, Silver Edible Lustre
How To Use
Use like regular soap, add water to form a lather & cleanse face as normal. Can be used daily. Divided into smaller chunks make it easier to use.
Price & Packaging
Really reasonably priced; £4.70 for a 100g which lasts for a few months. Comes wrapped in simple paper which isn't very efficient for long term storage. Better to purchase a Lush Tin for storage or use a soap dish to keep it dry.
Review
I'm not usually a fan of facial soap as it generally irritates my skin but found Coalface to be perfect for my skin type. It lathers easily and contains small chunks of coal for light exfoliation. After use it leaves the skin soft and very clean feeling, although a bit tight. I did find with long term use that it does dramatically reduce oil and breakouts. Coalface is very similar to Dark Angels but is a lot less abrasive which makes it perfect for more sensitive skin types. I've been using my smaller sample size for about a month and still have more than half left, so it does last a long time. This is a great, effective product for a very reasonable price.
Would I Buy Again/ Who's This For
I'd definitely buy this again; I'm a big fan of Dark Angels and this is a similar product but one that can be used on a daily basis. It has really helped with controlling my oily skin and reducing breakouts. I'd recommend this for oily/ acne prone skin but not dry skin as it can be quite drying.
Review 9/ 10
Available HERE
Ideal to store in THIS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...